Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello World!

Hello there, fellow music maniacs! My name is Jake Kelly, the one and only. I'm so excited about this blog! For as long as I can remember, I've always loved music. When I was little, I could sing all the words to songs on the radio, and not much has changed since. haha

For a long time, I've been wanting to share my passion for music with the world. It drives everything I do. The digital age has been great for me, because I can listen to music while I do everything: from walking around campus to even doing laundry. :P

I have an extensive background in performing and try my best to stay on top of what is going on in the music world, particularly in the vein of top 40. In fact, after I finish my undergraduate degree in psychology soon, I hope to go to law school and become an entertainment lawyer. This would entail working in the music industry with contracts, copyright, etc. I figure it's a good way to not have to be a starving artist, but at the same time, still be an instrumental (no pun intended) part of that world. I've auditioned in NYC and got a taste of how hard it is to be a struggling artist. Not that I don't have the utmost respect for such individuals, because I definitely do. I just figure that being a lawyer would be a pretty good "day job." ;)

I have other loves that coincide with my love of music as well. Namely, they are theater and dance. I plan to post about these too and how they correlate to music. Make no mistake, music will always be #1.

AH! I have so much I want to say. Stay tuned~

-Jake

2 comments: