Monday, September 23, 2013

Update

Fitting title, as I'm currently updating my iPhone to iOS 7.
Had to delete all of my music for it! :/ Nevermind that I'll get it all back via iCloud after the update completes...
I know it's silly, but I digress.

Anyway- I just saw that I hadn't posted since July 1st, and I must say, I never meant for it to be like this.

I'm a busy boy, you see.
Work, guitar, job hunting, workin out...you know how it is.

But that moment reminded me of a few things that I've been wanting to say.

First of all, you may have noticed that I've been posting more about myself lately than my typical pop star posts of the past. Now, don't get me wrong, I still LOVE pop stars. It's just that I've come to realize something: they already have plenty of publicity. They are, after all, pop stars. Therefore, my posting about them makes only a marginal difference. I still like to share my opinions with y'all occasionally, but for the most part, I feel like my efforts are better suited elsewhere.

I suppose this is kind of a continuation of Letter to My Readers.

Also, I've discovered why my music taste is largely pop. When I was young(er), I shunned all things pop outwardly, while still loving all things pop inwardly. Hell, I even had a poster of Britney Spears in my room with her face crossed out in the 7th grade. This was a metaphor of sorts- my sexuality. That was something else that I hid. I guess what I'm basically trying to say here is, I used to hide the extent of just how much I loved pop music, because I was afraid that it was "too gay." Now that I'm older and wiser, I realize that that was very silly. Therefore, I celebrate all aspects of myself and who I am. And I want that to come across in my music.

Speaking of which, I'm still very hard at work with my music. As soon as I get a new job and am consequently making more money, I'm going to produce some demos for the world to see the fruits of my labor. ;) So look forward to that!

Love,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment