Monday, November 12, 2012

American Idols

The theme of this post is quite apropos, because I auditioned for American Idol about a week ago. Therefore, I decided to write about my two favorite alumni from that show. Here we go!

Idol Worship
First up, Adam Lambert. Although he didn't win, I feel like he deserved it. The title track of his current album, "Trespassing," is soon to be released as a single. I would've preferred a different song, but I'm still ok with this one. A music video will be sure to follow, so stay tuned for that. For now, here's the lyric video:


Next is the amazing Ms. Kelly Clarkson. The first winner of AI, and still probably the most successful person to come out of it, has recently come out with a new single, entitled "Catch My Breath."

I won't be told what's supposed to be right.
The production seems, literally, like a breath of fresh air while the lyrics speak of several things: Kelly reflecting on her life so far, stating gratitude for her success, and standing her ground on the fact that she will live the rest of her life exactly the way she wants to. The music video came out just today. Here it is-


Really cool imagery. However, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on here. And I gotta say, while she looks great, her hair is a little too blonde.

See what I mean?

Another new single from KC, pictured above, is "Don't Rush," featuring Vince Gill. This is definitely more country leaning and speaks of wanting to take it easy. And I actually really like the harmonies on the chorus.

Both singles are in support of Kelly's upcoming album "Greatest Hits - Chapter One." It's about time the girl had a greatest hits album! Lord knows she has plenty of hits on her hands.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say for now. Gonna go to bed in a minute. Wish me luck with my own potential American Idol journey~

-Jake Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment