Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nicki Barrage

Nicki Minaj is, once again, quite the busy woman. Here's what she's been up to lately.

Her song with Cassie, "The Boys," recently received a music video.


Very colorful and crazy. Just like her. And she and Cassie seem to have girl crushes on one another. ;)

Also, she teamed up with Justin Bieber for "Beauty and a Beat."


It's fun and everything, them making a splash and all, but I'm not sure I get the whole homemade vibe. I think I would've preferred something else. Oh well.

Within the past few weeks, a music video was released for "Va Va Voom."


The fairy tale influences here are obvious. I'm not sure if it was executed in the best way though: it looks a little low budget-y and the story line seems a little scattered. Kinda cute though.

If you want it, I'm gonna be va va voom voom.
Within the last few weeks, she also released a brand new single, entitled "Freedom." I just listened to it, and here's what I think: the lyrics are pretty awesome. They speak of her newfound fame, address her haters, and, of course, establish a feeling of freedom. However, I feel that it's a bit ho-hum musically. Don't hate it, don't love it.

Lastly, she's starring in a special on E! called Nicki Minaj: My Truth. I saw a bit of it this morning, and I plan on finishing it soon. I'll let you know if it's any good. ;)

-Jakey Mirage

P.S.- This came out not too long ago as well:


Nicki gets a little more serious here, but I like it, even though she seems a bit pasted-in. Also, I think Alicia Keys is making a statement about working mothers. Did you catch the Mary Poppins Reference?

P.P.S.- Found this just a bit ago. Kinda lazy, but iss ok. Nick's mad busy.


P.P.S.S.- This came out very recently:


Kinda cute, albeit the shaky text is kinda weird. I wish they had had text for the spoken part about fragrances. Also- wtf does "burn a L" mean? lol

Update: This was released just hours ago-


The biblical imagery is pretty interesting. And did you notice that they put the wrong year at the end? Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment