Friday, August 3, 2012

The Latest from Alanis

Alanis Morissette is back on the music scene and I'm pretty happy about it. I've been listening to her stuff since I was in kindergarten, literally. Talk about about school. ;)

So Called Chaos
Her forthcoming album "Havoc and Bright Lights" is due out in about 3 weeks. She's been promoting it pretty heavily. This includes performances, music videos, and two singles that compare and contrast in different ways.

Now enter the watchwoman.
The first of these is called "Guardian." Its sound is both hard rocking and lighthearted at the same time. Lyrically, I'm guessing that it was inspired by her experiences as a mother. Here is its music video:


This video is very symbolic and meaningful. I think the themes were represented quite well throughout. And I love her glittery guitar. :)

I can see clearly now.
The next single off the album, which came out just a few days ago, is called "Lens." Its sound is similar to that of the previous single, being driven by a mid-tempo rock feel. However, the lyrical concept is very different in that it speaks of falling out of love with someone. Have a listen below-


What do you think, reader of mine? Are you glad Alanis has returned? Lemme know!

-Jakis

No comments:

Post a Comment