Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bieber Fever

Bieber Feature!

First off, let me just say that I'm not the biggest belieber in the world. However, I think that Justin Bieber has a lot of talent and I like a lot of his music.

Not to be confused with the Backstreet Boys song of old...
JB came out with a short film-style music video for his latest single (depicted above), the dubstep jam "As Long as You Love Me" today. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.


I think that, for the most part, this video is really good. It strikes a good balance between juvenile and mature in its subject matter and presentation, which is pretty perfect for 18 year old Biebs. Some of the imagery is particularly interesting, such as Bieber and his on screen beau writing on each others' arms with eyeliner, which could possibly be a nod to the usage of tattoos in other recent music videos. I could have done without Big Sean's appearance, however. His verse felt a little weak sauce to me. Also, I would've liked the story line to have been a little clearer. Certain questions were never answered and left ambiguous. For example: Why did the dad hate Justin so much? And did Justin get the girl in the end?

What do you think, dear reader?

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment